Friday, August 04, 2006

Happy Friday!


This Sunday, we leave for our mission trip to Marsabit (an unreached tribe in Kenya). We have been hearing reports of some unrest that is happening in the area due to the conflicts between some neighboring countries. So I would love to add prayers for our safety (don't worry mom, they assure us that is will safe for us to travel and to minister to the local tribes). It is only that we will see some of the effects of the recent conflicts. Other than that, please join me in praying for the hearts of the people to be opened to the gospel.

Also, here is a picture of the house that I am living at here in Kenya. Don't let the wire fool you, most are for drying our clothes and not electricity. There is one wire shown that streatches accross the top of the picture that provides power to our house on Sunday mornings when we turn the generater on for the church service. Which means that I am able to charge my camera batery and my cell phone.

Yes, I did say cell phone. Even though I am far away from anything modern I get fairly good cell phone reception. It is a safety requirement for SIM that I carry it with me all the time. Since it is a kenyan cell phone and the rules here are different, it is free for me to recieve incoming calls. This has been a HUGE blessing, in that my family has been able to call me. To simply hear thier voices even for a few mins has been so encouraging!!! It is strange to have modern technology in the middle of rural kenya where life is like the late 1800's (or maybe even mid)!

I have recieved many questions about the elephants. To date, I have yet to wake up for any of the raids. Which is providing increadible amusement to my kenyan friends. However, one of my neighbors (Lucy & Daniel) have promised to take me into the forest to see the elephants when we get back from Marsabit. I will include pictures when that happens!

Everyone at CBC~ I miss worshiping the Lord with you on Sunday mornings. I pray that this Sunday as you meet with the Lord you truly enjoy offering a sacrifice of worship to HIM!!! I am looking forward to being together with you again in a few weeks!

Love, Tami

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home